Some suggestions for pubs and places to eat (based on our experience) in no particular order. We wouldn't put anything on here if we hadn't enjoyed it. Links to websites are provided where available.
The Halfway House Inn 7 miles / 15 minutes. Book via the website or 01208 822 410. Although not the absolute closest pub we consider this our local. Accept dogs but best to advise when booking.
The Quarryman 6.5 miles / 20 minutes. Pub serving nice food. Book on 01208 816444. Accept dogs.
Pickwick Inn St Issey 10 miles / 20 minutes. Just off the A389 through St Issey between Wadebridge and Padstow. Country pub with modern restaurant extension which has glorious views over the Camel estuary. Book on 01841 540361. Accept dogs in the pub but not in the restaurant part.
The Dancing Taipan Wadebridge 4.5 miles / 10 minutes. Cantonese and Oriental restaurant and takeaway. Next to the Regal Cinema on The Platt. Excellent eat all you like buffet (items cooked fresh and brought to table) Wednesday, Friday and Sunday nights. 01208 816623
- St Kew Inn 9 miles / 20 minutes. Lovely village pub. Bookings on 01208 841259
- St Tudy Inn 11 miles / 30 minutes. Village pub but very foodie and upmarket. Emily Scott is head chef with an excellent reputation. Really nice ambience. We loved this place - on the pricier side but well worth it.
- The Fish House Fistral 16 miles / 35 minutes. Overlooks Fistral beach Newquay. Run by Paul Harwood a protege of Rick Stein at the Padstow Seafood Restaurant. Bookings on 01637 872085
- The Maltsters Arms Chapel Amble 8 miles / 20 minutes. Lovely village pub. Bookings on 01208 812473
- The Beach Hut Watergate Bay 12 miles / 30 minutes. Casual dining overlooking the beach at Watergate Bay Newquay. Booking on 01637 860543 or via their website
- Warnes Bar and Restaurant Wadebridge 4.5 miles / 10 minutes. Centre of Wadebridge. Book on 01208 814332 or via their website
- Bridge Bistro Wadebridge 4.5 miles / 10 minutes. Centre of Wadebridge. Book on 01208 815342
- The Mariners Rock 11 miles / 25 minutes. Gastro pub, part of the Paul Ainsworth stable of eateries around Padstow. Lovely views across the river Camel to Padstow. Parking is in the Rock Quarry carpark which is about a 5 minute walk to the pub. Book on 01841 532093
- The Swan Wadebridge 4.5 miles / 10 minutes. St Austell Breweries pub in the centre of Wadebridge. Park in the carpark adjacent to the Coop. Good basic pub grub. Accept dogs.
- The Seafood Restaurant Padstow 11 miles / 25 minutes. Rick Stein's restaurant which probably started it all for Padstow as an eatery capital. Book online.
- The Cornish Arms St Merryn 11 miles / 25 minutes. Gastro pub part of the Rick Stein empire. Book online.
- The Farmers Arms St Merryn 11 miles / 25 minutes. Not quite as "gastro" as the nearby Cornish Arms but good food and beer nonetheless. Book on 01841 520303